What we do
Open Space Planning and Design
The design of individual parks, and other types of open space within cities, towns and villages should consider the identified values of the land, the neighbouring land uses, (including opportunities to borrow from them), the existing and future characteristics of the intended users, and a contribution to the long term sustainability of nature. Our love of nature-based spaces such as parks often begins very early in life and by the time we go to school most of us will have identified a special park that will be the focus of our pleas to mum, dad or the grandparents to take us there time after time.
The directors and staff of Savage Consulting believe that every park should be developed in such a way that it has the potential to be someone's favourite, whether through the play equipment installed, the constructed landscape features or the opportunities to observe nature.
- Program Manager for new amphitheatre to Pine Rivers Park in association with Tract. (Pine Rivers Shire Council).
- John Scott Park master plan and playground. (Pine Rivers Shire Council).
- Walking track and lookout, The Boulders. Mulgrave Shire Council.
- Alternate street layouts, Spring Hill redevelopment, Brisbane City Council.
- Cape Hillsborough National Park day use area, QPWS.